Tuesday, March 28, 2006

1 Down and 1 to Go

I gave my prelim (oral exam) today. Actually, about an hour ago. Things went well and I passed. I didn't get asked nearly as many questions as I thought I would, so that is good. I managed to stay relatively calm. I was pretty nervous all morning and stressed out but after I got started it wasn't too bad. I think I talked to fast-typical of me-but Stitz said it was fine, and as long as no one had questions then I wasn't going that fast.

Now all I have left is my other talk at Arkansas on Friday. I keep thinking that that one won't make me as nervous, but then I will be talking in front of all my previous faculty. And this is kind of like a pitch for a possible job in a year so it does matter quite a bit. Hopefully, I can pull myself together for that one and give a great talk there.

No comments: