Saturday, October 26, 2013
Monday, October 21, 2013
T had her 18 month check up last week and we have the following stats:
- Weight 21.4 lbs (I think this was 30th %)
- Height 31 3/4 inches (This was close to 50th%)
They say she seems right on track with things. I'm happy with the weight as she was tracking in the 5-10% range back around a year, so this is a little improvement. She is still pretty petite and small compare to P, and we can tell she just isn't as substantial as P was, but we are making progress. She cut her top and bottom molars in the last couple weeks so she can finally chew stuff which is nice. I've been so paranoid about that because until a couple weeks ago she only had 6 teeth up front. She is a pretty good eater and she has quite the personality. She is talking more and more, will try and repeat whatever we say and is starting to be more independent. She loves to swing and is overall just a very serious child, it is hard to get her to smile. Happy 18 months T!
Friday, October 18, 2013
We headed to Ocean Isle Beach for a few days a couple weeks ago The weather was absolutely beautiful. Pretty warm and the ocean wasn't too cold either. The girls had a great time, P enjoyed the ocean, body surfing and jumping in the waves with EZ and T loved the water and the sand! I think next summer, when T is just a little bit older the beach is going to be a great place for them!
Wednesday, October 02, 2013
Things have been busy. A few things of interests:
- I was granted tenure and promotion to Associate Professor! (Yeah!)
- I ran a 10K in 44:57 which is a PR by almost 1 1/2 minutes, and I won the race. (This is the same race I ran last year and won)
- I took a long weekend and went to visit my awesome college friends in Austin, TX. Oh how I miss them, and we had such a great time visiting, catching up, eating a lot, running, paddle boarding, and spending most of the day at a spa.
- The kids are doing well, growing up fast. T is talking a lot more (most of which EZ and I can kind of understand but most people wouldn't), cutting her molars on top and bottom (yeah!), and just fitting into 18 month clothes (she'll be 18 months in a few days). She is probably about 3 months behind on the fitting into clothes category to P, which actually works out perfectly, because that puts them being born the same time of the year. :)
- P is finally doing well in her new daycare. It took a while to get adjusted but she seems happy there now and no crying at drop offs!
- here are some pictures of the kids: