Saturday, June 07, 2014

This Race Blows 5K and 1 Mile Color Run

This is my third year doing this race and it is such a fun event for the whole family. I decided to sign up P to do the 1 mile color run. It was at 5pm and then the 5K was at 6pm. There were horse rides and bouncy houses, face painting, parks, music. Lots of stuff to do.

It started with P not wanting to really do the race at all...


Then things got a little better...
 Colored...
 And done...

Took us just about 19 min to do. A lot of walking, not very much running She was ready to be done after a few min saying her feet hurt. On the other hand, T saw us running and she wanted to join and she jumped in and ran the practically the whole thing, dragging me along


I then ran the 5K. I felt pretty blah. Just kind of went out and ran hard. It is a though 5K with basically a up and down course and the hills are pretty long and tough. I was pretty consistent with the Soleus, splits were 6:44, 6:56, 6:48. GPS has only 3.05 miles which is what my Soleus said last year too, so at least that's consistent. I went into the race just hoping for around 7 min pace and just having 21:xx and couldn't believe the clock and my time. 20:41. I still have no idea how I ran that fast on that course in the heat at night. Pretty happy about it though!  Love this race and supporting Cystic Fibrosis Foundation and the family that puts this on for their daughter. Such an amazing family and event and will keep coming back. (oh and I did win, 2 years in a row now)

No comments: