Wednesday, September 08, 2010

Liquid Gold

I started back at work last week and so I have had to start pumping at work now. I have only been at work 3 days and of those 3 days, 2 of them have been mini fiascoes! Last Thursday I was pumping and in the process of switching one container to another spillage...5 oz of liquid gold onto the floor of my office. Yeah. Then yesterday I was trying out these pump and save bags where you pump right into a bag you put into the freezer. Well the bag wasn't quite open enough and as the milk was going in it could and built up back into the pumping tubes and started cycling through the tubing. Good job LZ!

Then this morning I head out to the deep freezer to transfer said bag I used yesterday at work plus the bags I had in the freezer in the kitchen and I open up the freezer and it smells rancid. What in the world...somehow it lost power and all my breastmilk I had been pumping for the past 2 months is spoiled. It is everywhere. This stuff is liquid gold and the fact that I had made it this far after my "I hate breastfeeding" post is a miracle. I am completely bummed that I lost almost 200 oz of it. I want to stop breastfeeding as soon as possible (yes I am one of those) and my stash was my crutch to be able to continue longer as I kept going. Wonderful!

I called EZ who was really apologetic...all that work for nothing, he said he would look into an alarm for the deep freezer so it won't happen again.

Time to go eat some ice cream or something (yes it is the middle of the day) to lift my spirits! :)

1 comment:

Peggy said...

This is a time that it truly is okay for you to cry over the spilt milk. I'm so sorry about this frustrating week.