Sunday, November 23, 2008

Blog Tag

I have been "tagged" by miss Corey, and I am suppose to come up with a list of interesting/unknown facts. Corey's list was interesting, so I will try my best to come up with some things that most of you (like there are a lot of you reading this) don't know...

1. I use to have a huge shoe fetish. But over the past more than few years, my lifestyle has slowly change to be more frugal (I thank EZ for this-if this is really a good thing). I now only buy maybe 1 or two new pairs of shoes every year or so (of course this does not include running shoes).

2. I have always loved math. Always. When people use to ask me what I wanted to be when I grew up, I always said math teacher. Although, I use to want to be a high school math teacher until the summer before I graduated from Arkansas. I did an internship teaching math at a boarding school and hated it. I didn't know what I was going to do with myself that last year at school. So I decided I would go ahead on to grad school in math and teach in college. One of the best decisions I ever made.

3. I was the senior class president of my high school (of 3000 students-more than are at High Point U). But my running mate (VP) didn't get elected, so it was not as fun of a year as I would have liked. And no one told me that part of the job of the prez was to plan reunions. I kind of bailed on this one as I got an email from someone (who I didn't even know from HS-there is no way I could know all 800 people in my class, right) who wanted to pretty much plan it.

4. I moved around (semi) a lot growing up-Michigan, New Jersey, North Carolina, then California, before going to Arkansas for college. People always asked if my dad was in the military. No, he wasn't. Even now, when people ask where I am from, sometimes I don't know what to answer. Most of the time I say California-even though I lived there for only 5 years before going to college.

5. By the time I went to college, I despised swimming. I would have quit had it not been paying for my education. But most of my best friends I have met through swimming-so it did have some good benefits. Oh and did I mention that it is probably the reason I met EZ...just so happened that the swim team hung out with the men's track team at Arkansas. :)

6. I wish I traveled more out of the country in the past 10 years. Because of swimming, or course I never went anywhere, and then Eric and I were poor grad students. Now that we have been to Peru and Costa Rica, I find that I am missing a whole aspect of real world culture in my life. This or course means we are planning a few more trips before we ever have kids.

Alright, Krista and Becka K, you're it. And happy birthday to the little one!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am such a nerd. I am reading your post and I read, "Alright, Krista and Becka K, you're it" and I think, I wonder who Becka K is we have the same name. Sometimes I am soooo slow. Thanks for the happy birthday for Frank. I will try and think of 5 interesting things.

Alili said...

Ok, just caught up on Costa Rica...I was a little behind. Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! J and I are trying to figure out where our next trip will be before we branch out into having a family...my current vote is Paris...again. :)

Rebecca DeWire said...

I am so excited to meet you on Thursday. I will be hard to miss pushing the huge yellow stroller.