Thursday, August 14, 2008

Work?

I have manage to get some reading done lately. It has been great, although I really need to be doing a little more work. Here is a little update:

At First Sight, by Nicholas Sparks.
He is perhaps my favorite author and this is the sequel to True Believer. It was a typical book from him, romance with a twist and I liked it and it made me cry.

Atonement, by Ian McEwan.
I still haven't seen the movie yet, but I just finished this book the other day. I thought it was ok. Pretty good the first half and then it kind of slowed for a while and there was an interesting twist at the end. But it was just a little slow.

The Last Lecture, by Randy Pausch
I finished this book the day before he passed away. This is a short, inspirational book. I watched the lecture on the internet before I read the book and then watched the Diane Sawyer special after he passed away. This book is great for everyone and really only takes a few days to read and there are some great motivational chapters.

Next up:
The Art of Racing in the Rain, by Garth Stein (our book club book for next month) and The Secret Life of CeeCee Wilkes by Diane Chamberlain. I will hopefully get around to Atlas Shrugged soon too.

No comments: