Bri and I before the start:
A few thoughts about yesterday's events...
(1) How I was 2 min slower on the bike than 2 years ago is beyond me. I didn't think I was that unfit and I thought I pushed the hills pretty hard.
(2) How I was 20 second faster on the run from 2 years ago is even crazier...I know I was running decent back then and I was running slow a month ago. This means I had to admit defeat to eric and tell him that maybe his new run plan is working. (Or maybe that since my bike was slower, I was able to run faster).
(3) For sure, my lack of swimming fitness directly correlates to my feeling terrible on the bike. I need to swim more, even though I hate that I have to. But really-swimming more just means swimming 2x a week and having them be good workouts. We'll see if I can fit that in with ez's new run every day plan. Finding the place to do them is the hard part. But I emailed two swim coaches today about some stuff. We'll see...
(4) I had a terrible swim-probably my worst since starting tri's 4 years ago. This is my own fault having not been swimming hardly at all in the past few weeks.
(4) I suprisingly was only 2nd last elite female. I think the other person though didn't sign up correctly. That is 2 for 2 this year. :) Still-Alysia and I are the only ones to be able to fight for last elite Bri.
(5) I race again on Saturday...yikes. But right now I am the only elite female. If this stays the same, this would me I would win (my category right-I could and probably will still get beat by a few age groupers)...and as Eric pointed out, I would also still be last. :)
(6) Bri knows waaaaaaay to much about Ninja Warriors. Alysia knows how to through a great party-with a fully stocked bar, she was the mixing drink queen.