Thursday, July 31, 2008

Madison, WI

I am here for the nerd alert conference know to all as Mathfest...yes there really is such a thing.

I want to live here! It is absolutely amazing! I have run the past two mornings along the lake and it seems like everyone here rides a bike and commutes to work. I have even seen a group of triathletes swimming in the lake both mornings. Had I brought a swim suit I could have joined in (but they did have wetsuits on-so it might be super cold).

I would imagine though once school gets back in session, things get a little crazy here but the downtown area is just gorgeous and friendly and neat restaurants and shops. I even got sucked in to try an east African restaurant-and it was interesting.

Alright, off to listen to some great talks about all things math. :)

No comments: