Friday, October 26, 2007

Mother Nature

Well, first let me say that my thoughts and prayers are with all the people in CA dealing with the fires. 11 houses on the street where I lived burned down along with roughly 40 houses in the neighborhood. My friends that are still there are ok and so is my gradparents house. Mother Nature has come to life out in CA and it is not pretty. On the flip side, over here, we are in serious draught conditions. Many cities in the state have less than 2 months of water left...but all that changed Tuesday night.

We have had rain on and off for the past 3 days and it is suppose to continue through tomorrow morning. When all is said and done, I think we will have received roughly 3-4 inches of rain which is much needed to fill our lakes back up. Needless to say, we have not been able to get outside to take a picture of us and the house, but this weekend is suppose to be nice and sunny, so just hold on a few more days!

Eric's parents have had their bags packed waiting until we moved so they can come visit and we got the word last night that they will be arriving next weekend! I doubt our house will be in order but maybe I can convince Nancy to help me pick plants/flowers/shrubs to plant so that in the spring there will be a nice garden!

No comments: