Monday, September 03, 2007

A Weekend Full of Sports

Yeah for college football!!! But what in the world can be more devestating then seeing Michigan lose to App State. I mean how terrible is that. The only other upseting loss to me was the Tenn/Cal game. Yes, I do root for Tenn, even though I went to Arkansas. I root for all SEC schools unless they are playing the Hogs. Since the more the SEC wins, the better our conference, and then the better the wins are against other SEC schools. The only other team I root for over a SEC school is Michigan...

There was also lots of running on this weekend as well as Tennis and Nascar. Although I did fall asleep last night and didn't see the last of the race. I did have to get up at 5am to get to HP this morning to teach....what...yes...teach, today, Labor Day. :) It seems that private schools are allowed to honor their own holidays! :) But I can't complain because since we work today, we are able to get an entire week off in October for a fall break. So that is nice.

An update on the house: I stopped by Friday afternoon and there were tons of people working away. They were painting the inside, putting in the air conditioning and all the duct work, they finished the driveway/sidewalks, started on the porch and put the metal trim up on the house. Here are the latest pictures:

Here is the house with the porch columns (there will be a rail across the front) and you can see the dark trim above the garage and in the triangles on the shake. I am not sure we did good picking this color (forest green), which is the color our door will be too. You might also notice that the shakes are two different colors. The siding is a tan and then the shakes are a cream (above garage) and another tan/clay (above porch) color. They are suppose to be the same. :) And they are suppose to be the tan/clay color. This will eventually get fixed. :)



Here are a couple from the inside: One is upstairs and of the railing they put in on the stairs. They call it shadowboxes, and I am not sure if you can tell in the pic, but it is pretty thick railing and then the posts coming down alternate forward and back to add depth. (I really like it which is why it is up here).



The other is of our bedroom and the tray ceiling that is in as well as the paint around the tops of the walls. (When I was there they were painting by hand all the corners and the places where the walls meet the ceiling and the floor and windows/doors, etc).




They are still projecting October 11 as closing date. :)

No comments: