Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Boston Training Week 10

I'm 10 (and 1/2) weeks down with marathon training and it is starting to get hard. I knew this going in, but basically there are 7 pretty solid hard weeks before taper starts. I did my first "strength" workout yesterday of 6x1 mile at 10K pace. And it had to be done on the treadmill due to some unexpected snow/sleet. I normally would have run outside it what we had but because I had to do intervals, I knew I had to hit certain paces. So 9 miles total on the treadmill. Whew....that was after 9 miles last Thursday on the treadmill too. Man on man.

The last few weeks of running had been pretty solid. Hitting my times no problem and feeling good. I think this week will be the first real test of everything. As I have another 9 hard tomorrow and 16 this Sunday for a total of about 53 miles this week. We are on the downhill though of training. 7 1/2 weeks left!

Here are a few pictures to document the last few weeks:
 I managed 15 miles on a pretty cold morning:

Had some company with my BRF for most of a 10mile run:

EZ put together a motivation board for my treadmill:


Sweating it out for 9 miles on the TM focusing on Running for Another! 


No comments: