Thursday, April 03, 2014

Cooking GF

I've been trying new recipes lately to try and mix things up. I came across a GF food bloggger, Gluten Free on a Shoestring. Before being diagnosed with Celiac's my favorite cake was funfetti cake with funfetti icing. Just so happens she had a recipe for Funfetti Cupcakes which I made. These were super yummy! I really liked these a lot.

Then I tried out her Olive Garden breadsticks, and they did not turn out as good. To be fair, the recipe called for instant yeast, and I did not have it, so this could be why my breadsticks did not rise like hers did. Maybe I will try again sometime!

I have also tried a fair amount of dinner recipes too. I tend to use Pinterest for this. I pin recipes I see and then each week when we do our menu planning if we are in the mood to try something new, I pull this up and look whats on there. I've made a few various recipes:

1. Lemon Garlic Shrimp with Wilted Spinach over Cauliflower Mash-This was awesome! I loved this recipe. I did add bacon to the wilted spinach and a little bit of butter when sauteing, but we really liked this one!

2. Chickpea Curry- This was quick and pretty yummy. We kind of doubled the recipe in terms of the amount of chickpeas and veggies but did not double the sauce. We thought the taste was pretty good but thought it was just too much chickpeas. I think we would do this again but add tofu/chicken instead of the second can of chickpeas.

3. Grilled Salmon over broccoli/edemame rice-This was quick and really good too! Really easy to make and throw together. I have a quinoa-rice blend and I made this instead of just rice. The salmon had great flavor with this sauce but it could be a little too much sugar for some people.

No comments: