Monday, June 24, 2013

Yogurt Popsicles and PB Granola Bars

I've been trying out new recipes (thanks to Pinterest) for all sorts of things. And here are two of the latest.

Homemade Granola Bars:
So my sister had sent me the recipe to these "Super Speedy, No Bake Omega-3 Vegan Snack Bars". And she made them last summer when I was up visiting. I've had most of the stuff in my house to make my own and just haven't done it. Well there is a link in this post to another granola bar recipe: "5 Minute No Bake Peanut Butter Granola Bars", and I chose to make those.

I did not have any brown rice syrup though. And in the original recipe, he uses agave syrup, so I figured I could substitute it. Um...nope. It was the only substitution I made, plus leaving out the chia seeds because I didn't have them. Let me say that these were really really yummy. I ate them out of the pan, but the agave I think wasn't sticky enough, so my bars didn't really hold together (also why I ate them out of the pan). I will make them again and try maple syrup maybe or buy the brown rice syrup.

Popsicles:
A couple months ago we bought popsicle molds and have used them just by pouring 100% juice into them for P. She LOVES them. Her typically post dinner question now is can she have a popsicle. But my plan has been to make my own popsicles not just using juice. And so I stumbled across this recipe from Jamie Oliver for Yogurt Pops. I made mine with blueberries, and they are YUMMY!! Definitely be making these again and so healthy too!

No comments: