Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Miles for Matthew 10K

Wow...a race report from me...

Although I will keep this brief. 

I ran a 10K a little over a week ago. It was a super small race on a somewhat hilly course (blah). One of my dearest friends has started running and wanted to do her first 10K and I agreed to train for it and run it too. 

I had been having some groin issues just slightly but decided to race anyway (maybe not the best idea). I probably took it out a bit too fast, and died somewhat in the last mile but also probably could have worked a little harder the last mile too but had somewhat just become complacent. 

I ended up winning the race (hence why I was complacent) with a somewhat respectable time of 48:07. My friend ended up coming in second just under a minute behind me. (She did awesome). 

What was great is that I won a free pair of running shoes! (So sweet!!)

What was not so great, is that because of my groin I overcompensated on my one leg and have had some major hip/glute (periformis pain). Not cool. It is slowly going away, but not as fast as I would like. :)  

No comments: