Thursday, January 13, 2011

Happy 1/2 Birthday!



Wow! Piper is already 6 months! How crazy time flies by! Here are a few 6 month stats.

She is eating pears, sweet potato, applesauce, and prunes now. Next up is peaches and rice cereal. We have yet to try a grain yet but I have decided to try rice first and stay away from any gluten stuff first. I am making most of my own food though, or try to at least.

Here she is acting like such a grown up in her highchair (this photo just makes me laugh):



And a couple action shots:





Sleeping is going great. She goes to bed sometime around 7pm and sleeps until around 5 or 6 now and wakes up to eat a little and then goes back to sleep for another hour or two. We are extremely lucky now that we can put her to bed and she goes to sleep on her own.

As far as breastfeeding, I started my own weaning this week. I feed her in the morning at 5 or 6 and then again around 8 when she gets up and then I am only pumping around 2 and then around 9 at night and that is it. I had some problems in the past couple weeks with some blistering and serious pain and I just can't do any more. Either way, with the supply in the deep freezer and me still pumping twice we should still be able to go quite a bit longer on just breastmilk.

We say lots of ba ba ba ba all day which is cute. Can't really get her to do any sounds or mimick me though. She doesn't have much interest in trying to talk.

On the other hand we were getting really close to crawling and just in the last couple days she has figured it out. So just shy of 6 months and we have a crawler. Granted she isn't great at it yet, she can get where she wants. I guess it is time to start baby proofing! Here are a few videos (taken at daycare):




1 comment:

Rebecca DeWire said...

Happy 1/2 Birthday to Piper! She is so cute. Glad to hear she is sleeping so well.