Sunday, March 21, 2010

Weight bearing Running

I have been doing a little bit of running each week, maybe 3x per week, and in the past couple weeks running has become a bit more difficult. One side is my feet. I got some new shoes a couple weeks ago thinking that I needed new ones but I really think my feet hurt because of the added weight. I feel like the bottoms of my feet are practically bruised and don't know if I should buy another totally new pair of shoes (super cushiony) or not.

Some days I am able to run 30-35min without stopping and other than my feet killing me, I feel fine, just slow. But some days I have to do a nice run-walk combo of run a little walk a little, run a little more walk a little more. All in all, it still feels good to get out and do something and since the weather has been so nice the past few days I have also been able to get out and go for some hour long walks too which has been nice.

I might have to go back to the elliptical as it might not hurt my feet as much and the bike. I don't want to sit on my road bike as I know that won't be comfortable and leaves me with the gym and the stationary bikes. So just as it is starting to get nice out, I might be forced to go inside to work out. Although I know that come June and July I will be happier and more comfortable indoors.

No comments: