Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Salsa Dancing



My yoga studio offered beginning Salsa dancing lessons last Friday so I asked EZ if he wanted to go and he said sure. One of the instructors is dating a guy from a salsa dancing country so they came to teach us. It was quite interesting and actually pretty fun. I think EZ and I did a pretty good job with the basic steps and some turns, but I didn't do a very good job with the whole hip thing. I can only focus on so much as once so just getting the steps down and the few turns was enough for me then to try and get my hips to do what they were suppose to do too.

I must say if they offer more classes, I think it would be fun to go back and keep learning, or learn some new dance steps, but I know that all that will shortly come to a halt for a little while when BZ arrives this summer. :) Either way I had fun and am glad we both are trying new things(part of our goals!) even if we looked nothing like the dancers in the photo above!

No comments: