Monday, November 16, 2009

Beautiful Weather

We have had some great weather over the past two weekends. Of course we did have 3+ days of cold rain and wind in between from Hurricane Ida, but it was well worth it to have the weekends free of rain and to have the beautiful sun shining.

Not much has been going on around here. EZ's parents were in town last weekend and we did a little trip to WFU and the gardens and a trip to one of the wineries near they which was beautiful. And this weekend entailed some relaxing, football, UNC basketball game and some time outdoors. EZ finally finished putting up all the siding on the house and now the deck/house looks complete. We picked out trees to get delivered to plant in our yard next week and slowly but surely it is all getting done. The house/deck looks great and we still need to find furniture for it, but that can wait.


The patio will have to wait until spring which is fine and we'll see how EZ is feeling by then. He has worked so hard on the deck/house that he is quite exhausted of having his weekend/evening tied up and will debate putting the patio in himself. I told him no rush, we won't use it over the winter anyway, so he can relax for a few months before he decides.

I haven't been reading too much, just have been way to busy. I finally finished a book I have been reading for over a month called Snow Flower and the Secret Fan, which I really enjoyed. It is the story of two girls in rural China and become lifelong friends and it follows the story between them and their growing up, through foot binding, marriage, ect.

I am currently reading two books, The Guernsey Literary and Potato Peel Society that Monica let me borrow and then The Picture of Dorian Gray (on my Iphone which I downloaded for free from the app Stanza). I read that whenever I am sitting around waiting for something like in a doctors office or I have been reading it when I got up to the gym and ride the bike. Both books are good so far and I am about halfway through each one.

Alright, off to do some work and teach some calculus.

No comments: