Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Back from the North

So I am finally home after my almost 2 1/2 week vacation up North. I had a really great time and I think it was the longest time I have spend with my sister is maybe close to 8 or 10 years! I had so much fun with Amelia and just hanging out. I ran a little, rode with Ethan a few times. Painted a bathroom and helped reupholster a rocking chair. Learned how to do some "handy" type things which is probably good for when we move into our house. I was really sad to leave my sister and it makes me want to live near her...now why can't I convince her and Ethan to move south...there ARE mountains down her you know!

Kathy, Krista, Mom and I went and saw Wicked and it was good as it was last year. I think the girl who played Elphaba was just as good and sounded a lot like the recording they have and Glinda was especially funny. I then headed down to Ohio for an old friend's wedding. It was extremely beautiful and it was nice to see her and her family. I then made the long drive home and stopped to see the house. It looks really great! The colors we choose for the siding and shake are up and they look good together. They have done the plumbing and electrical inside, put on the deck and have the porch up. The next step is drywalling and then they say about 2 months until it is ours!!! I don't have pictures because I didn't have the camera with me. But Eric is heading out there probably early next week and so I will post some then.

Other than that I did try my hand at golfing with my dad while I was up in Michigan. Played twice, both times only 9 holes. I shot 66 and 63...not really good, but not terrible. Actually the second time I played, I shot 5 or 6 on 6 of the holes and then shot 9 or 10's on 3 of the holes, so I only played 3 bad holes. Things are coming along though. Still frustrating at times but I just am not good enough yet!

Here are a couple of my favorite photos of Amelia...and one in her perfect dress! :)








I still have to get the red eye out of the one in the brown dress, but these are just too cute!

No comments: