Monday, January 26, 2015

Training

I'm in week 6 (out of 18) for marathon training. I'm following the same hybrid beginner/advance Hanson's plan again but I have added a bit more to it in terms of some of the mileage so far. Not much, just a mile here or there. I've also really tried to keep at least 1/2 times a week some simple strength training and I've also added in 1-2 times a week of a simple 20 minute yoga for runners video to help with stretching. I don't know how much I'll be able to keep all this up as the mileage increases, but I'm just going to keep going as long as I can!

Longest run so far is 12 miles. I've done 3 miles of speed work every week (at 5K) pace, and I'm up to 7 miles tempo runs at marathon pace. These runs haven't been going well. I've consistently been running them too fast. That might be fine people might think, but the point is the train you body to run marathon pace for long periods of time and I know the pace I'm running isn't sustainable. (I'm running more like 7:40 pace on these when I'm aiming for 8:00/mile pace).

Spent a few days in San Antonio, TX for a large math meeting and I always enjoying running in new places. It was fun exploring (and getting lost). There were lots of beautiful views along the riverwalk and a really neat historic district too.



No comments: