Monday, September 08, 2008

Back on Track

Antibiotics are amazing. They worked quick and my leg is feeling great. Still a little swelling and itching but really no pain. I managed to do a 7 mile run yesterday and it only started to hurt after I was done (while I was mowing the lawn). The big spot is still slightly purplish red, but much less than before.

I have been thinking about what to do after my race next weekend, and today while I did a whopping 2500 I thought that maybe I won't even race next weekend. I don't know. We are headed to Charlotte this weekend for a race-an all women's race in which I had volunteered to be a mentor for way back 8 months ago. Should be fun and my running has definitely gotten better, thanks to all the running ez has been making me do. :) Right now I think I have settled on a half marathon in December to benefit Victory Junction Gang (NASCAR style)!

We think we have settled on an itinerary for Costa Rica-a couple days at Arenal Volcano National Park, a couple days at Monteverde Cloudforest, and a couple days at Manuel Antonio National Park (apparently the best beach). So that's the plan, with a stop somewhere maybe to go white water rafting and we are definitely touring a coffee plantation.

How terrible is Arkansas football right now, maybe we shouldn't have bought tix for the South Carolina game in Nov-it might just be a waste.

1 comment:

Beth said...

Hi Laurie! Thanks for your comment on my blog. I am excited for the SheROX race and to meet you!! I am not a mentor - I just happened to need a race around this time and I thought an all women's race would be fun. Looking forward to it. See you this weekend!