Tuesday, May 01, 2007

Winding down

Well, I am officially done teaching for the semester...although summer school starts up a week from Monday. :) Things will be pretty calm this week and next. My race is finally here (Saturday) and I am just about done with training. I am excited and nervous as I don't know if I am as fully prepared as I would have liked to have been. I have a goal but after my marathon disaster, I am too scared to set a high goal, as I don't want to be disappointed in myself. I just want to feel proud for finishing.

My parents arrive Friday and then Saturday after the race we are driving up to Jamestown/Williamsburg, VA for a few days with them. If I don't pass out in the car from the race! Should be nice as I haven't been there since I was little and I could use a little vacation. Then graduation is next weekend, yeah. I am officially done with school, so now I will be Dr. Zack. :)

No news on the house. It is still just a lot...they are waiting on some permits and then we will be back out there for a pre-construction meeting.

So happy spring is here! And Monica-I fully understand that teaching is a hard job. Not nearly as bad for me as it is for you. I don't think I would have ever had the patience to teach anything less than College. I don't fully get my summers off either (research), but I definitely don't have to worry about calling parents and lesson planning AFTER school. I can do it during the day inbetween classes!

Happy May to everyone!

No comments: