Saturday, October 20, 2012

Training

Yes I am still training, and now officially for a half marathon on December 1st. I've been running 4-5 times a week and getting stronger and faster and over the last few weeks have started running with a great friend who happens to be pretty fast. As EZ said, the only way to get faster is to run faster. These last few weeks, I have run with her and my sis putting in some hard and fast running. An 8 miler average 8:08 pace, and a 10 miler average 8:20 pace. Some 4 milers averaging 7:40 pace. Running some fast miles at the end of runs close to 7:15/7:20. Speeds I haven't seen since maybe 2006.

I find it super encouraging that I have been able to put in the distance and the speed and have some lofty goals of perhaps getting a PR at the half marathon December 1st. After that though, I have had a goal of wanting to break 22 min in a 5K for about 5 years, and am going to start seriously doing some speed work to see if I can do it. But after all the faster running I've been doing, I do have a lot more confidence that I can do it. We shall see how many 5k's it takes!

No comments: