Monday, May 08, 2006

White Lake

We spent the weekend at White Lake for an important triathlon this past weekend. One of the races both Eric and I wanted to do well at was this one. I really enjoyed this race last year and did extremely well and Eric was aiming for the win and the chance to race at a special Best of the US race in September.

We got there early Saturday morning so we could watch the end of the Half Ironman since a few of our friends were racing. It turned out to be a great race and I enjoyed seeing them all do so well. We hung out in the afternoon, did a loop of the bike course (7 miles) and swam a little (about 500). The lake was a bit chilly when you first got in but felt alright after you swam for a bit.

Dinner as usual was a pizza/italian place. And the pizza, just like at Surf n Turf last year, was super cheesy and not a lot of sauce...but just too cheesy for me. Good thing I ordered a salad and garlic bread to go with it. We played some cards and a couple friends used our place to sleep.

I ended up doing alright at the race. I feel like I am just not that competitive with my running and cycling, and think that maybe in another year I could be pretty good, as long as I don't get injured any more! You can read my race report at http://www.elitetriangletriteam.org/scgi-bin/forum/Blah.pl?b-race/m-1147116246/

It ended up pouring rain from about noon until about 8 or 9 last night. So it was great that it held off for the race. When we got home we laid around for awhile and I graded papers. One class is done with and I give another final tomorrow-so more grading to come. It should be a pretty uneventful week as that it all I have to do before summer school starts up next Monday. AHHH! Only 6 weeks and then a break for the rest of the summer!

No comments: